"Ezmlm" software used to manage e-mail lists has been replaced with "Mailman" as of January 2, 2014.
* Users request for e-mail lists via the issue tracking system and manage them using a web interface thanks to "Mailman". List owners receive an e-mail that contain information on e-mail list management upon provisioning of their requested lists.
* Memberships of personnel, students, instructors and insforum lists are managed by the Computer Center. Memberships of other lists are management by their respective owners.
* Format of the e-mail list addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org. Domain parts of e-mail list addresses that are currently in use will be updated as list.boun.edu.tr upon their migration to mailman software.
* All existing e-mail lists are scheduled to be migrated to "Mailman" software until July 1, 2014.
* Lists can be configured as owner-only posting announcement lists, members-only posting standard lists, or controlled lists that distribute messages upon approval by the mail list owner.
For further information on Mailman usage please follow links below;
Please be advised.